WebLogin Password Change
We recommend a 16 character (or longer) password of four or more words with mixed case letters. Take a look at this infographic for more information.
Your password or pass phrase must conform to the following rules:
It must meet complexity requirements, based on
- 8-11: mixed case letters, numbers, & symbols
- 12-15: mixed case letters & numbers
- 16-19: mixed case letters
- 20+: no restrictions
- It must not be equal to your current password, previous passwords, SUNet ID, or password reset answer.
- It must not be a single word that appears in the dictionary (English or non-English).
- It must be composed only of characters in the Roman alphabet, numbers, or symbols on the US keyboard. Examples include characters such as # $ % ! @.
If you have trouble remembering a longer password, write it down on a piece of paper, put the paper in your wallet and use the same caution with it as you would with a credit card. Once you remember the password easily, shred the paper.